Slides from talks
Most of my slides are online on either Slideshare or Speakerdeck:
Forthcoming talks are listed at the Events page on the Skelton Thatcher Consulting website.
Here are some older events I have spoken at:
- DevOps Summit, 20th November 2014, London
- BBC:develop conference, 13th November 2014, London
- DevOps Cardiff meetup group, 5th November 2014, Cardiff
- Joining up #Agile and #ITIL for #DevOps success – webinar [slides] [video]
- Agile Yorkshire, 14th October 2014. Leeds
- Agile Cambridge, 1-3 October 2014, Cambridge
- DevOps Manchester meetup group, 2nd September 2014, Manchester
- Rackspace DevOpsBreakfast, 19th August 2014, London
- DevOps Exchange meetup group, 24th July 2014, London: How to choose tools for DevOps and Continuous Delivery – [slides] – [video]
- DevOps Summit, 26th June 2014, London: How to choose tools for DevOps [slides]
- DevOps Summit February 2014, London: Software Operability and Run Book Collaboration [slides]
- DevOps Summit December 2013, Bangalore: Software Operability and Run Book Collaboration
- DevOps Summit November 2013, Amsterdam: Software Operability and Run Book Collaboration
- DevOps Summit May 2013, London: The Business Case for DevOps (event chair)
- WebPerfDays EU 2012, London: How build and deployment shapes software architecture at thetrainline.com
- IASA UK Ignite 2: Architecting the Impossible – How build and deployment should shape software architectures
- Sitecore DreamcoreEU 2011, London: A multi-lingual retail website for Virgin Mobile & Qtel
- Internet World 2011, London: A Scalable Content Platform for TUI Travel
- DevOps Days 2010, Hamburg: Winning People to DevOps
I am available for speaking at conferences and events on software systems engineering in general, and in particular: software build and deployment, continuous delivery and web operations.
Contact me for details.
Some recent presentations I have given include:
End-to-end deployment pipelines – avoiding pipeline fragmentation
The deployment pipeline is a key feature of continuous delivery. Avoiding fragmentation of deployment pipelines is crucial if the maximum benefit is to be derived from pipelines. This presentation shows why pipeline fragmentation is bad, examines some of the reasons why pipeline fragmentation may occur, and explores some of the challenges involved in implementing end-to-end deployment pipelines.
Continuous Delivery vs X
A very brief attempt to clarify the differences between Continuous Delivery and Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment / “Continuous Development” / Agile / + DevOps
The Watt Governor and its relevance to software systems
What is the Watt Governor? How it works. Control systems. Why it is important. Applications. Relevance to computer systems.