I presented at the Sitecore partner & developer conference DreamcoreEU in 2011; I spoke about implementing a Sitecore-based multilingual website (Arabic and English) for Virgin Mobile & Qtel [PDF].
I gave a particular emphasis to multilingual concerns and planning for effective web operations:
(Terrible moiré effect due to stripy shirt – I now have a plain one 🙂 )
To quote from the DreamcoreEU 2011 site:
Going global is much more than just making a site multilingual. If your web properties span the globe, you need to know the best techniques for architecting your Sitecore solution to support a global presence. This session will feature an inside-look at how Virgin Mobile took their brand into to the Middle East. ). The session will cover:
- Why Sitecore is a first-class WCMS for multi-lingual, left-to-right and right-to-left websites
- Planning for and implementing right-to-left (RTL) languages in your Sitecore website
- Using Sitecore’s content modeling to implement product information management (PIM) features
- Getting your Sitecore content strategy right
- Developing, deploying and testing multi-server Sitecore installations effectively
In particular, I spoke about how internet technology consultants Priocept had led the effort to roll out the entire system within six months and the challenges we overcame in order to do that, emphasising the need to deploy to Production as early as possible and test with real data, networks and configurations.